Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cube Project

I really enjoyed the cube project. I started like the rest of the class, following the tutorial, and I created this:
Then, we were instructed to create a cube logo of our own. I took the techniques I learned from the video and applied them to my own ideas. At first, I thought simplicity would be a more appealing logo. So, I used three of the cubes and used different shades of a pretty blue color. I added a stroke to each panel of the cube, because I liked the mystery of the space added between. Then, I pieced the cubes together in a way to shape yes, three cubes placed together, but also if you looked at it a different way, it looked like a shiny shield. I loved the double meaning of the logo, so I went with it:
Finally, I went even further and added more to the logo. I knew I wanted to incorporate at least one more shape. I started by deleted the fill to the cube and just having a stroke, creating a sort of Y shape. I played around with it a lot, and at first it looked like these three Y's holding the cube in place. I decided I wanted these Y's to connect, so I connected them, creating the square behind the blue cube. Then, I took more and more of those Y's and connected them creating the hexagons. Then, I knew I needed something to encompass the art. I created the triangle and added a fill to it to add a pop to the logo. I added the word "Design" and BAM I had a logo.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job with the tutorial and then extending it into a logo design. The third piece still looks like an extension of the second personalized piece and it is suppose to demonstrate a more creative take on the "cube".

    ReplyDelete