Thursday, September 11, 2014

What is Graphic Design?

The official definition of graphic design is the art of skill of combining text and pictures in advertisements, magazine, or books. So, in other words, graphic design is the act of making information pretty. Usually graphic design can be found on posters, in commercials, or websites. It is all around us! It is used and seen every day. But to me, graphic design is a lot more. It's something that I'm really passionate about. When I first came into high school I knew I wanted to join eComm because I always thought I was going to study journalism of some sort. When I spent my first year trying out all the different "focuses" (video, web, graphic design, and animation), I fell in love with graphic design. Ever since I have wanted to major in graphic design in college and possibly work as a graphic designer when I'm older. I love designing with typography and creating logos. Here is an example of graphic design:

No comments:

Post a Comment